Sephora had there biannual sale a few weeks ago so I picked up a few things I’d been wanting to try:
1. Clinique Uneven Skin Tone Solutions Kit. I was talking to one of the salespeople about how to even out my skin tone (acne scarring/fairly pale skin,) and she recommended this. So far, it feels/smells nice and doesn’t make me break out, but I’m not supposed to see result for a few weeks I think.
2. Beautyblender Solid Sponge Cleanser: This was kind of an impulse buy. I just thought having a solid bar sitting on my sink to cleanse my brushes would be a lot easier than liquid soap. I’m a little suspicious about it though so far. It smells/looks like cheap hotel bar soap but we’ll see how it does.
3. WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner: Another impulse buy. I have always heard great things about this stuff and decided to give it a try. I have super long hair and am always looking for a product that makes it feel super clean. I do wish it gave my hair a little more volume.
4. GlamGlow Thirstymud Hydrating Mask: I had been wanting to try this for a long time and I’m so glad got it. I heard about it on YouTube from Jaclyn Hill who raved about it. It was different than I expected and I love the coconut scent. I like to wear it overnight on my forehead and cheeks
5. Better Than Sex Mascara: This is so embarrassing, but kind of hilarious. Too Faced definitely chose this name to get people talking, and I guess it worked. I asked one of the sales people working at Sephora if I should try diorshow mascara and she told me to try this instead. I actually really like it. I always go for volume in a mascara and usually use this one from bareMinerals (which I still love.) But, this sale is such a good excuse to try something new.
6. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner: Because I love the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner for my top lids, I decided to go with this stuff for my waterline. I haven’t tried it yet because I don’t do my waterline for every day – only when I’m getting real “done up.”
7. Tarte Positive Energy Skintuitive Lip & Cheek Set: I honestly just picked this up because it was only ten bucks but I really love it. The lip tint is very similar to the Dior Addict Lip Glow but I like it better because it’s more subtle. It looks like a really sheer pink but turns darker when you put it on. The cheek stain matches perfectly. I’m not in love with the texture; it feels a little greasy. I apply it with a stippling brush and set it with a pink blush like this one or this one. The set is no longer available, but you can buy a full-size of the lip tint here.
8. Shiseido Facial Cotton: I don’t know why I felt like I needed designer cotton pads but I did. Maybe I’m crazy. They do feel soft though.
9. Derma Doctor Wrinkle Revenge Facial Cleanser: I picked this up to try out since I usually just use this balm and wanted to try a cleanser with Glycolic acid to exfoliate once a week. I think it’s OK so far – nothing amazing. The sales person told me this one could also be used as a mask so I’ve tried that too.
10. Murad Oil Control Mattfier SPF 15 PA++: I did a post with more details on this here.
11. Bobbi Brown Nectar & Nude Eye Palette: I totally didn’t need this. I even tried to cancel the order after I felt buyer’s remorse but it was already processing so I couldn’t. Oh well, it’s lovely.