How cute are these little sleep shorts from Aerie?!
1. REN Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser: I alternate between this and the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. I think the Liz Earle does a little bit of a better job but this one smells so good I like to keep it in the mix.
2: SHISEIDO Facial Cotton: I picked these up at the Sephora VIB Rouge sale in March. I use them with Bioderma to remove face/eye makeup before I use my cleanser.
3. Sunday Riley Good Genes: Love love love this stuff. It has lactic acid to exfoliate, and I’ve found that using it morning and night has made my skin a lot less congested.
4. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser: This is such a nice cleanser. It’s super gentle and smells very herbal.I kept hearing about it on YouTube but it was hard to find in the states. Now, Birchbox carries it and offers free shipping. I use the muslin cloths it comes with but also heard about using baby washcloths so I picked up some of those too. They’re tinier and softer than regular washcloths so I alternate those in with the muslin so I don’t have to do laundry as much.
5. Bioderma Crealine H2O: Simple and gentle. I like that it has a watery texture vs. the oiliness of most make-up removers. It’s a French drugstore product that’s hard to find here, so I order it on Amazon.
6. Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Eye Cream: I used up a jar of this and didn’t repurchase, instead opting to try the Kiehl’s Creamy Avocado eye cream. I didn’t care for it’s sticky/thick consistency so I came back to this, which is light and nice for underneath concealer.
7. Algenist Multi-Perfecting Pore Corrector Gel Moisturizer: Super light gel texture. I think this is my third jar of this stuff.
Here are a few of my favorite local places to shop for clothes in Richmond.
Wardrobe: I came across this shop in between finishing a workout at Richmond Barre and heading to sweetFrog. It was already closed for the evening, but I could tell just from peeking in the window that I would love it so I made a point to make a trip back out there. I followed them on instagram and lucky for me, caught a post about their 1 year anniversary sale. Everything in the store was 50% off, so I picked up these earrings and this Amanda Uprichard dress. (PS it’s available on 6PM for $66, down from $220. (They only have size large but even if you’re a small or medium the loose style is forgiving and you could make it work).
Nellie George: I love this place and want almost everything in there. It even smells fabulous thanks to a candle they always have burning. There are a lot of designer tops and dresses in the front of the store, along with some cute accessories. The designer jeans, swimwear and kids’ clothes are in the middle, and the sale section is all the way in the back. That’s where I got these two dresses.
Image via Nellie George Facebook Page.
Need Supply Co: This place is super well known both here in Richmond and all over because of their online store. My favorite shirt of all time, a drapey top from Piko, is from here. I was walking by one day and noticed they were having a huge sale, which is where I got this dress. That’s my friend Liz from I Heart Vegetables trying it on as a potential rehearsal dress.
Image via architecturerichmond.com
PS: For Men’s clothes, Ledbury is amazing. They have gorgeous men’s shirts/blazers and accessories.
Image via Garden and Gun.
I saw my friend Robey wearing this gorgeous dress and I was surprised when she told me she got it at Forever21. I ordered one for myself online, and it just arrived. I love it! On the site it says this runs large, but I actually found that it ran small and had to exchange it for a size up.
I picked up Chanel’s Vitalumiere foundation the other day in Nordstrom. I tried Dior’s Diorskin Nude BB Cream, thinking it would be like the Diorsnow BB cream that I love. I wasn’t a fan. The Diorskin version was too watery and didn’t have good coverage, so I’m taking it back. (Did you know you can take back makeup that doesn’t work for you? Should I do a post about that?)
One of Youtubers I follow, Vivianna, swears by this. I heard her talking about this in several videos so it had been on my list of things to try. The girl at the counter was super helpful in shade-matching me. I was matched to shade 20 beige. She explained that the foundation sometimes wears funny and people complain that it turns yellow after a few hours.I haven’t experienced that at all. I love the way this smells and feels. It covers much better than the BB cream but still feels light. You have to shake the bottle before you use it a big to mix up the formula. The way I’d explain the way it feels when you put it on is when you wash your brush and it doesn’t dry all the way before you use it to apply your foundation. It’s watery, but in a good way. Anyway, I highly recommend.