The lovely Tiffany Williams of Chloe+Isabel knows supporting the local arts community in Richmond is important to me, so she offered to collaborate on a fundraiser for Richmond CenterStage.
Chloe+Isabel is a jewelry company based out of NYC where everything is designed in house. Everything is hypoallergenic, nickel- and lead-free, and has a lifetime guarantee.
Richmond CenterStage is a 501c3 organization whose mission is to provide diverse local and world-class performing arts, transformative arts education experiences for students of all ages, and inspirational venues—all to strengthen the cultural and economic vitality of Greater Richmond. I’m the current chair of the Richmond CenterStage Associates board, where we support the foundation by spreading awareness and raising funds. Here’s a few of us from the group at one of our fundraising events.
One of my favorite parts of being involved with this organization is participating in Lights Up. Lights up is a free weekend of youth and the arts at the Genworth BrightLights Education Center with 30 workshops, master classes, lecture-demonstrations and live performances featuring the Resident Companies of Richmond CenterStage. Children get to play in an “instrument petting zoo,” with cellos, violins, trombones, and other instruments that might not get to experience if it weren’t for this organization.
Now that I’ve convinced you of the worthy cause, here’s how the fundraiser works: I picked out ten items from the Chloe+Isabel collection. ALL of the profits from these ten items will be donated to Richmond CenterStage. Click here to see/shop these items! Thank you, Tiffany, for being so generous and I’m excited to see which jewels you all choose!
This is the second post of a collaborative series of posts with Elements Beauty Shop about skincare. (Check out the first one here.) Because it’s been super cold here in Richmond for the past week or so, we decided we’d share some winter skin savers.
My skin tends to be on the dry side, so I like to use hydrating masks year round. I’ve started to incorporate some extra moisturizing products into my routine for winter. I like to keep most of my routine the same (cleanser, moisturizer) so I like to pack in the extra moisture in the form of oils and balms. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. REN Vita Mineral Emolient Rescue Cream: I love using this on any spots of dryness (like the corners of my mouth). I’ll put it on before I go to bed, and even dab it on over my makeup throughout the day if I need to.
2. CV Skinlabs Restorative Skin Balm: Sherry and Jeanie had nothing but good things to say about this stuff. The consistency reminds me of Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour cream: that thick, vaseline texture that’s good for super, super dry spots.
3. REN Rose O12 Moisture Defense Oil: This smells amazing, obviously, but it seriously does the job too. I mentioned it first in my Best of Ren post, where it’s described as a “blanket for your skin.” I like to put this under my moisturizer before bed.
4. REN Vita Mineral Omega 3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil: Leslie, the Ren rep mentioned here, was kind enough to send me a bottle of this to try and it’s great! It’s not quite as thick as the rose oil, so I can use this one during the day too. Omega 3 from Vegetal Plankton and Gold from Pleasure Oils are supposed to promote natural cell renewal and optimum moisture levels to restore firmness and elasticity.
5. Erno Laszlo Hydra Therapy Memory Sleep Mask: I can’t even believe how soft my skin is when I wake up after using this. It has the coolest texture. Apparently it’s “based on memory foam developed for the NASA space program, the weightless gel texture bounces back, cushioning the skin to restore youthful elasticity overnight.” How crazy is that – NASA?! I bought this last month and it’s my favorite new product.
If you have issues with dry lips, Jeanie and Sherry recommended the Pure Marula lip balms. It has micro-encapsulated marula oil, beeswax and mango butter for barrier protection and Kokum oil for skin rejuvenation. I can’t wait to try it.
Use the code “Tiramisu” at ElementsBeautyShop.com for 10% off your purchase!
I’m also super excited to tell you about the Elements Beauty Shop Pin To Win contest! All you have to do is create a beauty wish list on Pinterest (here’s my board), and you could win a gift card! ! Check out the details in the image below and click through to enter on Facebook.
*This post is a sponsored collaboration with Elements Beauty Shop. All opinions are my own.
PS: Elements also teamed up with a few more bloggers, so be sure to look out for their posts (I’ll be sure to share them on my Facebook page).
Express has some really great wear-t0-work staples. I talked about the portofino shirt here, and now their Barcelona Cami has caught my eye. I was shopping with my friend Emily, who was looking for things to wear for her job as a statistician (Models, SomersD, Basel? What?!), and she picked up a couple of these. The shape reminds me of the silk camis at J. Crew (I talk about those here) but these seem a lot sturdier and I love that they’re reversible.