Every third week in October, National Business Women’s Week celebrates the progress women have made as professionals, business owners and entrepreneurs. This was the perfect time for our clients at Sonabank P.O.W.E.R. (Potential of Women Entrepreneurs Realized) to bring awareness to their program tailored to women in business.
We had the idea to use Facebook’s newish Profile Frame feature to spread the word. This tool is useful if you have supporters of your cause/brand/organization that you want to rally. We were thrilled with the response to
- Visit Facebook.com/fbcameraaffects and select “Create A Frame.”
- Click “Get Started.”
- Upload your file. (Make sure it’s a PNG file with a transparent background)
- Name your frame.
- If your campaign/company/brand is local, choose a location.
- Make your frame available immediately or set a start date.
- Select the frame’s owner (your business page).
- Publish your frame.
Once that’s done, you want to share it. I like to select “Add this effect to a Profile Photo or Video.” This is the easiest way for your audience to quickly participate because they can use their current profile image and not have to do anything extra. The default is “Use this effect on Facebook camera,” which would require taking a new photo which would result in a lower adoption rate for sure.