A Local Guide to Valentine’s Gifts For Guys
1. Mason Pearson Styling Comb from Elements Beauty Shop: I bought these for my dad and my boyfriend this past Christmas and they both really like them. My dad had always used type of plastic combs that are free in hotels, so he was excited to have one that’s made by hand. The plastic comes to the factory in Switzerland from Italy in a sheet, where it is die-cut into the general shapes of the comb styles. From that point, until the comb is finished, everything is done by hand. Each tooth is cut, one at a time, on a special saw. The comb is then tumbled in a polishing drum to smooth the surface.
2. The Red Lindsay Lambswool Scarf from Ledbury: Everything from this store is so luxurious and has me wishing they made clothes for women too. They’re kicking off a big warehouse sale this Thursday with a Mardi Gras-themed party in their downtown Richmond showroom. Sweaters, blazers, accessories and discontinued shirt styles will be up to 75% off through Monday the the 16th.
3. Statesman Socks from BoldFoot: Frustrated by design under a concept called “planned obsolescence,”(the amount of time a brand wants its products to last before they fall apart and you’re forced to replace them) and the fact that just 3% of apparel sold in the U.S. is made in the U.S., my former coworker, Brad, launched Boldfoot just last year. Boldfoot aims to prove that “American-made” stands for something, and is starting with awesome socks. They’re 100% American-made from cotton grown right here in the states.
4. The McDaniel Chambray: Another classy pick from Ledbury.
5. Caswell-Massey Shaving Brush: My boyfriend really wanted one of these for Christmas. I didn’t realize that Elements carried them until after I’d already bought him one from The Art of Shaving in Short Pump Mall. I wish I’d seen these though. A much cheaper price-point ($35 vs. $85) and it’s a local business.
6. Jack Black Supreme Cream Triple Cushion Shave Lather: I bought this to go with the brush. He says he only needs to use a little bit of the product and it’s his favorite thing from the Jack Black line.
8. Candy Valley Cake Pops: How awesome are these?! I first tried these when they made these adorable custom geckos for our client’s book launch and I’ve since had them at company parties, bridal showers, and football parties. If you’re guy has a sweet tooth, these are perfect. AND, they’re taking orders up until the 13th!
Get 10% off any purchase from Elements Beauty Shop with the Code TIRAMISU.