Beauty Wanderlust Part One: Non-Beauty Travel Essentials
The lovely Jevata and Lenise of Canvas the Salon are teaming up with Renata, a makeup artist, to bring a beauty brunch concept from DC to Richmond. The theme is Wanderlust, and the brunch will be all about travel and beauty. My friends at Elements Beauty Shop will be there along with a panel of beauty experts. We’ll have mimosas and a delicious menu (soon to be announced, stay tuned!). Find out more about it on Facebook, and use the code TIRAMISU to get $10 off tickets here. In the spirit of this fun event, I’m rounding up my travel essentials. I’ll be sharing my beauty favorites next, so be sure to check back. I would really love to see you at the brunch! Post in the comments if you’re coming! 1. H&M Plaid Throw: The last time I was traveling, I noticed someone in the airport had a throw/scarf draped over their bag and I thought it looked so chic. I picked up this cream plaid one It’s sold out now, but here’s a similar one. If you want to get really fancy, try this cashmere throw.
3. J. Crew Pixie Pants: These are a staple. I wear them almost every weekend all winter. I also thing they’re cute with a silk cami and a blazer. I love these with a sweater or long sleeve top for a plane ride. Maxi dresses with a sweater overtop are also great for long trips.
5. Floppy Straw Hat: I love this for the beach. I have a black one, but this white one would be so pretty.
6. Fresh magazines are the best. I get Real Simple, Better Homes and Gardens, InStyle, Allure and Glamour. I try to save them when I know I have a trip coming up so I have something new and fun to read on the plane or in the car.
8. Hue No-Show Socks: Socks! If I’m not in boots for winter, I’m usually not wearing socks. I like to carry a spare pair so I can take my shoes off and lounge for long trips.
9. Starbucks 24oz Cold Cup: I love having this with me on the plane or in the car to encourage me to drink more water. Traveling can take a lot out of you and